- Q: MovieMaker - My film wont go through the MovieMaker?
Some old film or Super8 came at a little wider than 8mm or expanded at some sections due to age and for that reason the unit will have a hard time pulling the film from its sprocket holes. A work around this issue would be to get a small piece of paper 1x1.5 inch, fold it four times and wedge it between edge of the flip door and the track in the location shown in the pictures file below to keep the door from closing all the way.
- Q: MovieMaker - The whole video or some portions of my video are Jittery?
This mighty happen if some of the film's sprocket holes are slightly damaged as shown in below pictures and video. To tell if that is the case zoom out using the Frame Adjust option unit you see the sprocket holes. Record few seconds and check if the sprocket holes looks worn out at the upper section as shown in the video.
A work around this issue is to wind the film to the empty reel and scan the film backwards. This way the unit will scan by grabbing on the good side of the sprocket holes then, using a video editing software you can reverse the playback and save the file playing forward.
- Q: MovieMaker: How do I adjust the Frames?
Please, check the video below:
- Q: MovieMaker - If the Wolverine MovieMaker start acting erratic.
If the Wolverine MovieMaker start acting erratic where it may start working right after you plug the power or no response from buttons then the sensor under the pin that pulls the film is clogged with dirt that came out of the film.
Please, use a compressed air can and blow air left and right of the pin as shown in blow video. Please, clean the film using a lint free cloth before scanning to minimize this issue.
- Q: MovieMaker - My video is playing at 30 fps although my film was recorded at between 16-24fps.
The unit produce MP4 file that runs at 30fps because today there is no chip that can produce a lesser FPS. However, all computer players have the option to reduce the playback speed. For 8mm reduce the playback speed to 60% and for Super 8 to 80%.
Furthermore, you can use free video editing software like Shotcut from www.shutcut.org or any other video editing software to join files, slow playback, add text, voice over etc.
If you are using a Mac, you can use the pre-installed iMovie App.
- Q: What is the best Video Editing Software for Windows
Check the review below:
- Q: Wolverine F2D - I bought the Wolverine F2D from HSN. However, it is not working, the unit is freezing and buttons are not working.
The unit came with a Micro-SD card. However, you need to insert the small Micro-SD card into its adapter and push all the way until it is flush with the edge of the adapter, before inserting the SD adapter into the Wolverine. Please, check the image below:
- Q: F2D TITAN - How to Adjust Image Cropping?
Unit in the OFF Position
- Press and hold the “C” button and while holding the “C” press the Power button.
- At the Center ADJ screen press the right arrow button twice to highlight the Ratio (changes to yellow) and press the OK button. press the left arrow button to decrease the value to zoom out or the right arrow button to increase the value and zoom in.
- Press OK to finalize and press the Power button to turn off the unit.
- Q: How Do I adjust Image or video date?
The Wolverine units don't have a clock and the date is an arbitrary date. You change the date when you import the images/videos to the computer.